Learn about the financial planning process, from initial consultation through to preparing and implementing the financial plan, and conducting ongoing client reviews.
The sophistication behind a financial plan can often be underestimated and made more complex by the constantly shifting landscape. That’s why seeking professional advice is important. We offer tailored plans based on your current circumstances and life stage. Our fee-for-service means that the fees you pay are agreed in advance before any personal advice is given and you can be confident that there are no hidden fees.
Our financial advisers will take you through a six step process:
1. Complimentary consultation - Your initial consultation with us is complimentary and without obligation. During this meeting we will discuss your financial objectives, goals for the future and your expectations.
2. Information gathering - We will work through a confidential questionnaire designed to understand you, your background, investment objectives, risk tolerance and existing investment pattern.
3. Discuss your financial opportunities - Together we discuss the available strategies to help meet your objectives. We take into consideration the feasibility of these strategies and any gaps. At this meeting you have the opportunity to agree on fees before proceeding.
4. Preparing your plan - Having thoroughly researched your individual needs and investment objectives, we will develop a detailed and structured financial plan. Your plan may outline a number of strategies and identify appropriate investments, as well as any social security issues, risk management, and taxation planning. It will also detail the benefits, features, and costs associated with our recommendations. The result is a total financial solution presented in a detailed report, called a Statement of Advice.
5. Implement a plan - Once the strategies have been agreed, we will commence implementing the strategies as set out in your financial plan.
6. Ongoing Review - We place significant emphasis on the need for ongoing reviews. Understanding what has changed, whether it be with your personal circumstances or legislative changes, will help us ensure that your plan is robust and continuing to track towards your goals.